IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
CIVIL APPEAL NOS. 1474-1476 OF 1998
( Appeals by Special Leave granted by this Courts Order dated 2nd March, 1998 in Petitions for Special Leave to Appeal (Civil) Nos. 20726-20728 of 1997 from the Judgment and order dated 25th June, 1997 of the High Court of Karnataka at Bangalore in Writ Appeal Nos. 139-141 of 1997 )
(1) M.E.I. Employees House Building Co-operative Society Ltd., by its Secretary, Mohanram, S/o. T. D. B. Naidu, 39 years, MEI Ltd., P.B.No. 2221. Tumkur Road, Bangalore 560 002. . Petitioner / Appellant in Civil Appeal No. 1476/98
(2) The Bank Officers and Officials House Building Co-operative Society Ltd., by its secretary, A.S. Prakash, S/o. A.P. Suryakantharajaiah, 29 years, No. 10, Baba Nivas, Ist Main Road, Seshadripuram, Bangalore 560 020. ................. Petitioner / Appellant in Civil appeal No. 1474/98.
(3) Poornapragna House Building Co-operative society Ltd., No. 77/6, Puttanna Road, basavanagudi, Bangalore-4, by its Secretary. ................. Petitioner / Appellant in Civil appeal No. 1475/98.
(1) The State of Karnataka, by The Revenue Commissioner, and Secretary to Government, Revenue Department, M.S. Building, Bangalore-1, Common Respondents.
(2) The Special Deputy Commissioner, Bangalore District, Krishi Bhavan, Hudson Circle, Bangalore 01, ...................... Common Respondents.
(3) The Special Land Acquisition Officer, Podium Block, Second Frloor, Visveswaraiah Centre, Bangalore 560 001.
(4) The Special Land Acquisition Officer II Floor, T.V.Tower, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Bangalore-1.
(5) The Special Land Acquisition Officer, Visveswaraiah Centre, III Floor, Podium Block, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Bangalore 560 001 . Respondents.
2ND MARCH. 1998.
CORAM: HONBLE MRS. JUSTICE SUJATA V. MANOHAR
HONBLE MR. JUSTICE D.P. WADHWA
For the petitioners/Appellants: Mr. R.S. Hegde,
For the Respondent M/S K.R. Nagaraja and K.K. Tyagi, Advocates,
THE PRAYER FOR INTERIM RULIEF above-mentioned being called on for hearing before this Court on the 2nd day of March, 1998 UPON perusing the papers and hearing counsel for the parties herein THIS COURT DO THE ORDER that pending the hearing and final disposal by this court of the appeal & mentioned above the operation of the impugned order dated 25th June. 1997 of the High Court of Karnataka at Bangalore in Writ Appeal Nos. 139-141 of 1997 in so far as it deals with the payment of final conversion charge by and is hereby stayed;
AND THIS COURT DOTH FURTHER ORDER THAT this ORDER be punctually observed and carried into execution by all concerned:
WITNESS the Honble Shri Madan Mohan Punchhi. Chief Justice of India, at the Supreme Court, New Delhi, dated this the 2nd day of March, 1998.
( V.K. SABHARWAL) DEPUTY REGISTRAR (JUDL)